[P2P-F] zeitgeist, what to watch

robin robokow at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 18:47:21 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 6:15 PM, robin <robokow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Michel,
>
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> could you describe in a little more detail, that 'scholar' and what he
>> should be thinking ?
>>

> Ah, I found what I was looking for. I was referring to this blog post of yours:
> http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/does-human-nature-need-to-change-for-a-p2p-transformation-to-occur/2010/07/31
>
> I am wondering who within (political) philosophy said similar things,
> about "human nature" that transforms along with changes in our ethical
> believes and social practices.

ah. Lol. Wikipedia has the answer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_nature

Against this idea of a fixed human nature, the relative malleability
of man has been argued especially strongly in recent centuries -
firstly by early modernists such as Thomas Hobbes and Jean-Jacques
Rousseau, and since the mid-19th century, by thinkers such as Hegel,
Marx, Nietzsche, Sartre, structuralists and postmodernists.

Still more recent scientific perspectives such as behaviorism,
determinism, and the chemical model within modern psychiatry and
psychology, claim to be neutral regarding human nature. They can be
offered to explain its origins and underlying mechanisms, or to
demonstrate capacities for change and diversity which would arguably
violate the concept of a fixed human nature.

/me filling silly