[P2P-F] [P2P-URBANISM WA] Any of you use map layering for p2p urbanism open collab

Franz Nahrada f.nahrada at reflex.at
Thu Jan 20 16:17:44 CET 2011

Thanks Michel for the kind mentioning!  Sorry I do not follow this list
all the time.

I am getting a bit puzzled if you mean "rural" or "urban" population in
your last sentence.

I think the 80 rural - 20 urban ratio is desireable, IF and only IF human
beings in rural areas have local clusters and subcenters where they can
physically access the amenities of support that the modern world provides.

IT can make a village intelligent, it can make a small town
superintelligent.

Global Villages is a strategy of redesign, to make rural areas really
agreeable. I consider it as a kind of fully fledged branch of urbanism by
the way. I think Nikos gave me a great portion of encouragement ...

---

Miguel, I am very interested  in your work in Brazil, sounds exciting to
me!

my friend Arthur Spiegler developed a "conference on the small town" that
led to the ASSET project. (Action to strenthen and support small European
towns)

a very neglected area, even Christopher Alexander does not analyze the
relation between the town and its hinterland in greater detail. But of
course he gives a hundred time more consideration than the mainstream.

I canned a basic speech by Phil Turner / Pam Moore from the recent 4th
Symposium on Small Towns here at slideshare which describes the goals of
ASSET:
http://www.slideshare.net/globalvillagesinfo/phil-turner-pam-moore-the-asset-of-the-project-ecovast

I was chairman of ECOVAST Austria for some time, I hope we can link P2P
Urbanism to this topic and people!

Franz

MIGUEL ALOYSIO SATTLER <masattler at gmail.com> wrote