[P2P-F] Fwd: Patent Received

Tom Crowl culturalengineer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 14:20:57 CET 2011

Thanks Michel for quick response,

And I understand. Forgive my frustration. All I can say is I'm trying to put
together something useful and maybe even essential. And to do that it has to
have a pragmatic foundation. And YES! I need to make a living.

I also believe this enterprise should be a profitable construct... but in
this case the profits GO TO THE COMMONS!
I'd like to move the Commons from being a beggar-at-the-table... to being an
equal participant with a voice that can't be ignored.

I also believe this can serve as a basis for much of the peer-to-peer
functionality that a corporate dominated Facebook has taken... a place where
the whole focus isn't about merchandising more crap and mind-distractions
(don't get me wrong... fun has a place too) and that this network could form
the core for what can become a sort of civic-focussed Facebook for its
users.

And the independence of this network itself can then become a guardian for
the freedom of the web.

So forgive me, but it often seems the Corporatist side sees this as a
threat...  the Right sees this as "Commie-Pinko"... the Left sees this as a
scam... and the Intellectual sees me as a rube without credentials.

It's made things very lonely and difficult out here.

Regards,

Tom Crowl
http://CulturalEngineer.blogspot.com