[P2P-F] Buchanan

Sandwichman lumpoflabor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 16:47:10 CET 2011

"If I follow you correctly, Buchanan cited a source that wasn’t original."

No. You don't "follow me correctly." If you read what I wrote you would see
that I document how Buchanan SYSTEMATICALLY misrepresented his sources, who
in turn misrepresented their sources. This is not a "technical error" but a
technique of deception. Technically, it is called "plagiarism." Being a
celebrity author, Buchanan's false narrative will get circulated by fans
and admirers until it acquires the "authority" of repetition.

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 7:24 AM, Natalie Golovin <10natalie at cox.net> wrote:

>   Hello Sandwichman, If I follow you correctly, Buchanan cited a source
> that wasn’t original. Granted, he’s a political journalist, not a scholar
> and his editor(s) are not first rate. But I see this as a technical error
> and doesn’t carry enough weight to destroy the coherence of his opinions-
> which are what terrify the left. Buchanan attempts to convince readers that
> man is not centrally controlled by economic decisions. He cites the
> offsetting ties of religion, culture/ethnicity/race, and claims in his
> latest book, that tribalism is winning hearts & minds despite the energies
> of academia, governments & corporations. Personally, I think people are
> influenced by a multiplicity of factors whose weights change depending on
> personal and external factors. And it’s intellectually dishonest to dismiss
> an entire viewpoint based on limited documentation. I happen to respect his
> strong stance against regime-change war & enjoy all sides of an
> argument-which is why I remain on this mailing list.

Sandwichman