[P2P-F] Buchanan

Natalie Golovin 10natalie at cox.net
Tue Dec 27 16:24:19 CET 2011

Hello Sandwichman, If I follow you correctly, Buchanan cited a source that wasn’t original. Granted, he’s a political journalist, not a scholar and his editor(s) are not first rate. But I see this as a technical error and doesn’t carry enough weight to destroy the coherence of his opinions- which are what terrify the left. Buchanan attempts to convince readers that man is not centrally controlled by economic decisions. He cites the offsetting ties of religion, culture/ethnicity/race, and claims in his latest book, that tribalism is winning hearts & minds despite the energies of academia, governments & corporations. Personally, I think people are influenced by a multiplicity of factors whose weights change depending on personal and external factors. And it’s intellectually dishonest to dismiss an entire viewpoint based on limited documentation. I happen to respect his strong stance against regime-change war & enjoy all sides of an argument-which is why I remain on this mailing list.