[P2P-F] Your visions : Supporting some permanent p2p collectives to physically converge to ? ( Re: french-language p2p lecture )

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 14:58:14 CET 2011

Thanks Michel for your reply.

In short, I found a first investor to buy a building in Leipzig,
to kickstart

http://sharewiki.org/en/Leipzig_project

I will need support to develop such approach, and will invite people
contributing to live there rent free.

Leipzig ( and more generally parts of Eastern Germany ) is relatively cheap
in european terms ( 100 euro square meter ), while having relatively good
infrastructure.
I see potential for scalability.

Till now, the process is slow - though I feel it can accelerate.

The longer version below...
I see other interesting conversations related to such approach on a
facebook group called "The Next Edge", and on which some people on this
list seem to participate.
( let me know if I can invite you to it )

///

Indeed, it is true that I have been fully engaged for many years, such as a
number of people on this list, maintaining a vision for an emergent
approach.

Thanks Marc for your understanding regarding the 24/7 space availability
importance, which I personally see as *aggregators* enabling emergent and
currently *VIABLE ( social and economic ) distributed systems.*

Yes, It is *already possible, with time, to individually have access to our
own options*, some which can be considered as 24/7 spaces. ( aka "homes" ),
while also knowing about places open part time ( universities, coworking
spaces, etc ) - this is, for me and for other people I am in touch
with, a *current
stage.*

In addition to this, there are *events* which enable *temporary convergences
*, and* online convergence spaces*, such as this mailing list,
and I wish to *understand how to further harness the potential of the
people each of us meet*, because... idealistically, I wish to meet each of
the people sharing such interests :) ... and enable, not only individual
options, but also* "emergent options".*

Now...

What I wish, is to make a 24/7 physical NETWORK of spaces available to each
of us , in a way for this space ( including financially ) , in a way that
can reduce our dependency on systems we do not wish to support, and without
requiring to adapt to any one specific collectivist culture, yet enabling a
local mesh of a plurality of cultures which are not closed on themselves
and can be open to individualist collaboration , enabling each to set their
own approach while having the choice to integrate ( or not ) with other's
protocols, and in a setting that enables easy connections to trans-regional
networks, in cities but in connection to the local countryside.

I visited many places and communities, experienced different cultures, over
the past years, and wish to integrate some practices I encountered into an
emergent synthesis.

I imagine several places could enable such kind of approach.
I think especially of places which are not too expensive, as to avoid
getting into debt.
Some of the approaches may have been discussed on p2pf lists.
I for example wish to buy where the land is cheap compared to the available
infrastructure, and then create our own value while avoiding financial
speculation on such creation, through a combination of commons and
cooperative approaches.

The revival of certain declining cities, in post-industrial frameworks,
provide some inspiration to me, which I can see as an approach to combine
various existing movements while enabling the creation of *viable complex
systems*.

A number of people on this list, a number of people we may be meeting, have
experience in such fields, and I wish for further convergence.

This is the *approach I am planning ( remotely )**, in Leipzig :*

http://sharewiki.org/en/Leipzig_project

A difficulty I face in an emergent process is to create engagement in
initial stages,
especially when I have no personal ( monetary ) resources,
and when my current access to shelter and living is far from the place I
wish to develop the intentional engagements for co-creating and sharing
viable economies.

I now* found an investor *for buying a 600 square meter building in Leipzig,
which is a first step for me to spend more time there and to invite people
to live there *without rent*,
progressively setting up with people speaking german other legal and
financial solutions to purchase our own flats ( in good condition, and with
a renovated roof ) within the city for one hundred euros a square meter (
100 euro / m2 )

I did build up small local networks of friends here in Brussels,
and am or have been connected to other communities - ecovillage, nomadbase,
etc
over the last 8 years.

What I express now is a further synthesis.
Not only a place to pass by, not only the potential for an isolated
collectivist space,
but a potential for a scalable regional economy converging various of the
practices and experiments we mention.

A european base for people sharing certain memes, a base where people can
purchase and develop their own usufruct infrastructure, while also having
access to mainstream existing infrastructures.