[P2P-F] Infinite Growth is Goal when Profit is Treated as Reward

Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis xekoukou at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 12:54:58 CET 2011

I hope we didnt get confused because of my english.

How do you say in english the ability of a person to decide what to do with
an object or to decde what others could do with it.

I call this ownership. maybe I use the wrong word.

And yes, profit and debt wear different dresses but are the same person...
lol.

2011/12/10 Patrick Anderson <agnucius at gmail.com>

> Apostolis wrote:
> > When you take a house with a loan,
> > you are the owner of the house.
>
> Are you saying the "payer's lack of ownership"
> is the same as "debt"?
>
> I had never thought of it in that way.
>
> So when I say "profit measures the consumer's
> lack of ownership in the means of production",
> I could instead say "interest measures debt".
>
> So we are in debt to the Capitalists because
> we have not organized to co-own the means of
> production for our mutual benefit.
>
> That make a lot of sense.
>
> I wonder how this compares to Chris Cook's
> take on the subject, which seems very similar
> to what I propose but continues to elude me.
>
> His older work is at http://OpenCapital.net
> also see http://p2pfoundation.net/Chris_Cook
>
> I would CC him, but can't seem to find his addr.

Sincerely yours,

     Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis