[P2P-F] Infinite Growth is Goal when Profit is Treated as Reward

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 11:19:03 CET 2011

Apostolis wrote:
> When you take a house with a loan,
> you are the owner of the house.

Are you saying the "payer's lack of ownership"
is the same as "debt"?

I had never thought of it in that way.

So when I say "profit measures the consumer's
lack of ownership in the means of production",
I could instead say "interest measures debt".

So we are in debt to the Capitalists because
we have not organized to co-own the means of
production for our mutual benefit.

That make a lot of sense.

I wonder how this compares to Chris Cook's
take on the subject, which seems very similar
to what I propose but continues to elude me.

His older work is at http://OpenCapital.net
also see http://p2pfoundation.net/Chris_Cook

I would CC him, but can't seem to find his addr.