[P2P-F] education for self-profit ...

Karl Robillard krobillard at san.rr.com
Sat Aug 6 00:22:46 CEST 2011

Michel,

My understanding is that Cahn only intended time dollars to supplement
government money, and if so then it does nothing to curb the most egregious
abuses by elites.  Even on it's own terms the concept seems flawed in that one
hour of my labor is not equal to one hour of yours.  If it turns out that I'm
twice as productive as you then I'm twice as productive and to pretend
otherwise is (to invoke Korzybski) psychologically harmful.

The anti-quota and fair-share labor systems seem reasonable to me.

Production for use is a clear indicator of intent, right?  It's when you weave
these abstract 'scoring' systems around the process of production that
intentions (not to mention material realities) become obscured.  If my goal is
to help my fellows (or at a minimum not add to their burdens) then I'm going
to help them and any tit-for-tat accounting is superfluous at best, and a
source of inefficiency and corruption at it's worst.

When open systems are used to their full potential they are all about
integrating intent.  They provide not only a shared situational awareness of
what's going on, but meta information about why, and how to change it.

-Karl