[P2P-F] education for self-profit ...

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Aug 3 10:00:00 CEST 2011

hi Karl,

the affirmation that one hour of labour equals that of everyone else,
directly challenges some forms of domination ... it may not be the best
solution, that is not what we're discussion, but there are no objectively
fair standards to judge value, they can only be socially constructed and
agreed on,

there have been, in community economics,
http://p2pfoundation.net/Community_Economics, various historical attempts to
tackle this, and not all of them are based on time,
http://p2pfoundation.net/Time-Based_Economics

f.e.

   1. Fair-Share Labor System<http://p2pfoundation.net/Fair-Share_Labor_System>
   2. Labor Quota System <http://p2pfoundation.net/Labor_Quota_System>
   3. Anti-Quota Labor System<http://p2pfoundation.net/Anti-Quota_Labor_System>

My only point is that monetary designs that challenge
capitalist-exploitative logics can be one of the means to tackle social
justice, amongst others, but of course, they are insufficient by themselves
... but I don't see how that keeping compound interest, scarcity designed
money could be used productively in a just society,

each social field has its own relative autonomy, and needs specific measures
and changes; the important thing is to have an integrated or integral view
of social change, which helps us to make right choices, after delibartion,
amongst proposed alternatives

now each value system will have its flaws, but they can be corrected by
auxiliary measures ...

My question to you is, how do you intend to integrate 'intent' in the
economic system ..

michel