[P2P-F] education for self-profit ...

Phoebe Moore pvm.doc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:55:31 CEST 2011

Thanks Michel this is an example of the poison that's beginning to infect
education across the world and a worry I've expressed in my published work
in a number of instances. The kind of crap the article you've forwarded to
the list talks about attempts to eliminate any hope of wisdom that develops
over time and with careful reading and thinking, i.e. scholarship and
critical thinking; for an understanding that teachers really do know more
than share-holding students. This is not a gesture toward democracy as the
story will tell you, it's a crack in the door to complete subsumption to
capitalism. It pains me to say that I'm sometimes not sure whether the next
generations will be educated at all except into learning that the world is
about competition and if you can't fight (unless we as educators continue to
resist it), give up early and let the bullies win because it's easier.
Forget widening participation and different learning styles and capacities.
Just back to the neo Darwinian nonsense. Propaganda is about education after
all.
Phoebe