[P2P-F] Fwd: Regional Economic Communities

Matthew Slater matslats at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 22:57:07 CEST 2011

Hi Michel, Franz, & Georg,
Greetings Andreas Laurent & Tim,

Usually a barter currency is mutual credit, which means it isn't backed by
assets.
A currency which is backed by assets is a commodity currency. You can only
issue as much money as you have have assets.
Or some arbitrary multiple thereof!
So I would question the use of the expression 'barter currency' here.

Matthew
communityforge.net