[Musix-usuarios] De wav a mp3

marcos marcos en ovejafm.com
Lun Mar 16 20:29:57 CET 2009

El Viernes, 13 de Marzo de 2009 15:11, Ariel Errera escribió:
> >> NO: dado que las patentes de software acá no existen
> >>
> >> no es legal una patente de software en Argentina y otros
> >> países (no sé
> >> cuáles), por lo cual cualquier software libre mp3 acá es
> >> libre.
>
> Claro, claro, yo me refería a que por motivos de licencias Debian es
> el que no lo incluia en sus repositorios, que son los que utilizamos
> en Musix.

Es que Debian está registrado al menos en EEUU (y alguna vez leí que tenía su
sede comercial o algo así allí (no puedo encontrarlo ahora))

Debian's Trademark
Trademark Licensing Policy

Debian is registered trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc. and
managed by the Debian project.

The trademark was registered the 21st of December of 1999 but has been in use
since August 1993. It is registered under the Nice Class 009: "Computer
Utility and Operating System Software".

The current policy was announced by Bruce Perens, Debian Project Leader, in
1998:

"We allow all businesses to make reasonable use of the "Debian" trademark. For
example, if you make a CD of our Debian GNU/Linux distribution, you can call
that product "Debian". If you want to use the name in some other way, you
should ask us first."

"To be fair to all businesses, we insist that no business use the
name "Debian" in the name of the business, or a domain name of the business."
Work in Progress

As announced by Martin Michlmayr, Debian Project Leader, in 2003 (also
available as SPI resolution 2003-06-03-bmh.1), a Trademark Committee was
started to review SPI's trademark policy. This committee can be contacted at
spi-trademark en lists.spi-inc.org.

Currently there are two drafts for the trademark policy, one drafted by
Benjamin Mako Hill and a different one drafted by Branden Robinson.
Registration outside the US

A similar trademark has been registered by some other associations related to
the Debian Project over the world, this includes debian JP in Japan
(registered in 2002), as well as Stiftelsen SLX Debian Labs in Norway, Debian
Spain Association in Spain (registered in 2007) and Vincent Renardias in
France.
Organisations licensed to use the trademark

The following organistions have been licensed to use the Debian trademark
through a License Agreement:

    * Stiftelsen SLX Debian Labs, per SPI's resolution 2004-01-05.bmh.1.
    * Vincent Renardias and "Les logiciels du soleil", per SPI's resolution
1999-08-06.mgs.
    * The Debian UK Society, by Branden Robinson, Debian Project Leader.

--
Marcos Germán Guglielmetti

www.idiomalibre.com