[Musix-usuarios] Re: [Musix-users] firewire support for m-audio ozonic / Manchester Metropolitan University

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Mar Jun 10 23:58:13 CEST 2008

El Martes, 10 de Junio de 2008 21:24, Julian Brooks escribió:
 | Hey Marcos et al,
 |
 | THanks for getting in touch.

To you

 | I am a computer music research student at Manchester Metropolitan
 | University, mainly working with Pd, SC etc.

It sounds very interesting, since Musix was made thinking about
education... so, I am glad

 | I have been asked by
 | the Uni to put together some cutting edge tools, to take into
 | schools, trying to get 13-15 year olds interested in Linux and the
 | whole host of amazing apps that are taking over from the need to
 | run Cubase etc...

Great!

14-15 years old childs go to the Manchester Metropolitan University?

 | WE are going into a couple of different schools with widely
 | different equipment in each.  Musix seems to me to be the best all
 | round distro, that works on the most machines and containing the
 | widest selection of apps.  Its a really good job so well done to
 | you all!

Thanks, this is going to musix-colaborad en lists.ourproject.org, part of
the team

 | Back to my problems...
 |
 | Still no joy with firewire/freebob. (Can I add that I am a recent
 | convert to Linux, so please be patient with my noobness:)

Dont worry

 | Here is Jacks take on loading the freebob driver:
 | root en 0[root]# jackd -dfreebob
 | jackd 0.109.2
 | Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
 | jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
 | This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
 | under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
 |
 | JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
 | Freebob using Firewire port 0, node -1
 | Ieee1394Service::initialize: Could not get 1394 handle: No such
 | file or directory Is ieee1394 and raw1394 driver loaded?

Hey!

You must load the driver (module) that jack is asking for, as root
user type:

modprobe raw1394
modprobe ieee1394

If you want them to load at each boot, just add them to

/etc/modules-2.6.21

How did I found this drivers?

I just log as root into a konsole (sudo -i), then I wrote:

iee

and pressed TAB, it will show you all the iee* files:

ieee1394              ieee80211_crypt       ieee80211_crypt_tkip
ieee80211softmac
ieee80211             ieee80211_crypt_ccmp  ieee80211_crypt_wep

the same with raw...

So: that should be your solution,

I would like to see photos of students using GNU/Linux at the
Manchester Metropolitan University

keep in touch!

Regards :D

--
Marcos Guglielmetti - www.musix.org.ar [marcospcmusica en jabber.org]

Actividades que sería bueno seguir realizando: Dialogar con gremios
docentes y centros de estudiantes.

Decile NO! a la privatización de la educación en Argentina
0. "Plan de alfabetización digital en base a Software Libre"
1.  Informate: http://educarsincadenas.com.ar

2. Te interesa? Unite a una lista de mail específica.

Universidades:
Iberoamérica:
Buenos Aires, activismo: