[Musix-usuarios] Re: 1.0r3 test 4 probs and suggestions - chibitracker

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Lun Ene 21 05:17:13 CET 2008

Hola allcoms:

 | I read Musix is based upon stable, but stable still only has Ardour
 | 0.99, Rosegarden 1.4 etc and Musix has newer versions (but not the
 | latest Rosegarden 1.6.x btw).

Yes, that's because Carlos Pino builded those packages for us, but for some
versions is impossible, for instance, Kdenlive 0.5 could not be builded on
Debian Stable because it's dependencies

 | That is an old Traverso as stable
 | version 0.42 is out now. I can understand you not wanting to include
 | cvs versions of KDEnlive or whatever though.

I would like to, but I think we just cant do it; Mepis is doing something
similar, basing Mepis on Debian and upgrading some packages.
making "backports"

 | > I updated
 | > http://www.musix.org.ar/wiki/index.php?title=Sugerencias_de_software
 |
 | Thanks for doing that!

You are welcome, and you are invited to update this and other wiki articles

 | Out of all those I think xdtv is the most important as it plays an
 | important role in Linux video- its the only good analogue video (v4l2)
 | capture program I know of- the only one I found that could capture
 | DVD-res analogue video with rt preview that WORKED. Its a shame that
 | its a dead program now as cinelerra and KDEnlive don't do this.

Ok, it sound really good; could you register on the wiki and edit this link
http://www.musix.org.ar/wiki/index.php?title=Sugerencias_de_software by
adding the comment you made above?

(sorry about my tired english)

 | I'll let you know how I go with Test 5 later!

Ok, I would suggest the live-dvd by far, but the CD at least now installs on
almost any machine, regards

 | Dan

Ah, By the way, it would be better to talk using the mailing list:

Cheers
--
     `&'
      #    Marcos Guglielmetti, co-director de

"Sólo un hombre que se sabe libre es capaz de liberarse de la esclavitud"
Espartaco

http://es.wikiquote.org/wiki/Libertad