[Musix-usuarios] someone could HELP with and Internet DSL connection problem?

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Mie Jun 21 23:40:16 CEST 2006

> [Musix-users] Internet connection problem
> De:
> John Wimbere <cincykid1 en yahoo.com>
>   Para:
> musix-users en lists.ourproject.org
>   Fecha:
> 19/06/06 17:24
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm a usual user of Fedora and SuSE and after
> discovering your distro I wanted to give it a try.
> Overall, I like the selection of apps and the options
> you've built into it, but I'm facing an obstacle:  I
> cannot establish an internet connection with Musix.
>
> I've tried just running it as a live CD and installing
> it on an older Thinkpad.  Both machines have
> integrated ethernet.  pppoeconfig appears proceed
> normally and trigger my DSL connection, but then
> Firefox cannot bring up a website and apt-get cannot
> update.  I have Knoppix 4.0 LiveDVD and to test, I had
> the same problem there.  Had the same problem when I
> installed Agnula/Demudi.
>
> I've never had a problem configuring my DSL connection
> with Fedora or SuSE.  Do you have any insight as to
> why I can't with Debian distros?  And this is odd,
> because with older Knoppix releases like 3.7 or 3.9 I
> had no problems whatsoever.

Really odd: Knoppix 3.9 has a 2.6.11 kernel, I think... what Musix version are
you using?

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre