[Musix-users] Help with translations

Ariel Errera mandame.spam.aca at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 18:54:20 CEST 2011

Hi:

I have attached the new menu updater script for icewm desktop with the
translations. Please, test yours if you can so we can correct any bug
present.

Jerzy: You can test the menu in live mode. I am currently testing in
musix 3 beta live usb, but almost the same result can be achieved in
musix 2 (live or hd installation). The only difference is that some
programms are searched in kde4 folder so they won't be found in musix
2. But for testing purposes it is not a problem.

Quick installation instructions

* Unzip-untar the file
* As root copy icewm_update_menu.sh to /bin/

sudo cp icewm_update_menu.sh /bin/

* Also as root copy the translation file to the locale folder. Example
for catalan:

cd ca
sudo cp icewm_update_menu.sh.mo /usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/

3. Backup any menu file you have in your ~/.icewm/ folder. Script will
overwrite current without asking.

4. Run the script as normal user. Test, if everything's gone right,
you'll have a nice organized menu in your language.

Please report any issues.

Cheers & thanks again for the help
Ariel.