[Musix-users] Firefox/Thunderbird Startup Issue

w a y n e wayneperry666 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 13 05:48:37 CET 2007

Hey there.First off - my install (knoppix) went  smoothly in spanish though i have some minor locale issues im sorting out. Thanks for your help Marcos.I have installed Firefox and Thunderbird and when I try to open either I recieve a error message stating "Firefox/Thunderbird could not be started as another instance of mozilla-fireforx/thunderbird is running. Close down this applications process and try again." I searched and found that firefox and thunderbird both run as the process 'iceweazel' and 'icedove'. These are infact links to the executables.However in ps list icant see andything but icewm and some similar ice procs. So i cant close them down.Once this is done i can link their profiles to existing profiles on my fat32 drive windows. (This is so i can maintain a dual boot with XP and still check/access email and bookmarks via both). My internet via konquerer works also.I have also tried this in the KDE to no avail.Any help would be much appreciated.