[Musix-users] Firefox/Thunderbird Startup Issue

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 02:23:29 CET 2007

El Mar 13 Feb 2007 05:48, w a y n e escribió:
> Hey there.
>
> First off - my install (knoppix) went  smoothly in spanish though i have
> some minor locale issues im sorting out. Thanks for your help Marcos.

Well... the recomended style is begginer, or Debian... Knoppix is almost like
the live-cd style: I never used it... but, it could work for you, I dont
know...

> I have installed Firefox and Thunderbird and when I try to open either I
> recieve a error message stating "Firefox/Thunderbird could not be started
> as another instance of mozilla-fireforx/thunderbird is running. Close down
> this applications process and try again."

Mmmm.....

> I searched and found that firefox and thunderbird both run as the process
> 'iceweazel' and 'icedove'. These are infact links to the executables.

to what executables? /usr/bin/firefox, /usr/lib/firefox/firefox

¿?

> However in ps list icant see andything but icewm and some similar ice
> procs. So i cant close them down.

Weird!

Mmm... maybe there is a bug into these packages

Or maybe iceweasel makes a flag into some file into ~/ dir, and you must
remove it...

maybe here:

~/.mozilla/firefox/
or something similar...

> Once this is done i can link their profiles to existing profiles on my
> fat32 drive windows. (This is so i can maintain a dual boot with XP and
> still check/access email and bookmarks via both). My internet via konquerer
> works also.
>
> I have also tried this in the KDE to no avail.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

Well, tell me if you could remove some flag into ~/.mozilla/firefox/   or so,
or try googling for: "Firefox/Thunderbird could not be started as another
instance of mozilla-fireforx/thunderbird is running. Close down this
applications process and try again"

or

Debian Firefox/Thunderbird could not be started as another instance of
mozilla-fireforx/thunderbird is running

or

error Debian Firefox/Thunderbird could not be started as another instance of
mozilla-fireforx/thunderbird is running

--

Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre