[Musix-users] Hello list!

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 20:37:15 CEST 2006

Marcus,

Thank you for the reply.  I am an experienced user.  I
am a Linux/AIX/Solaris Admin, and even use Linux on my
desktop at work. I have not worked with Windows
professionally for almost 5 years now.  I have used
Linux on my home desktop since 1997, and that system
has been  Debian Testing since 2002.

It's not a matter of ability, it is a matter of time.
I did build something comparable to Musix with just
Debian and Debian packages, but I found the Musix
distribution to be smaller and run better than what I
built.  I don't have time to optimize my Debian
system, recompile packages, resolve build errors ...

When I go to update Musix 0.31 to 0.3x (sorry for
version errors in the previous message), I receive
warning messages about things to be deleted.  I don't
have the list with me right now, but I do remember
wanting to keep some of the things to be deleted,
which will then have me chasing down new packages with
version conflicts . . .

Musix is based on Knoppix, but I was wondering if it
were possible for the Musix project to isolate the
music and audio packages more, and rely less on
Knoppix for the dependencies and prerequisite
requirements.  This way, it may be easier to apt-get
or synaptic a specific collection of packages and
versions i.e. Musix 0.39.

'apt-get install musix_0.39' would be nice.

-=Sean Edwards=-