[Musix-users] Problems with 0.49 (continued..)

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 01:54:47 CEST 2006

El Lunes, 26 de Junio de 2006 03:09, julien bodd escribió:
> It's worst than what I thought :-)
> rosegarden, the only app I really need, is the one that does not work..(I
> looked at the tips with rm ~/...).
> It was working when I initially installed the system..but now, after some
> reboots..it doesn't want to open anymore..
>
> I cannot manage to circle the errors..
>
> One tip that might help..
> when I just click on simple rosegarden, nothing happens..

Ok, let give us something:

Try to open rosegarden from a terminal... it seems that dcopserver is working
bad for you.

Tell us what does it says when you type "rosegarden" from, as instance,
Konsole (you can copy and paste the text)

By the way, also try this, after:

rm ~/.DCOPserver*

> The partition on wich musix is installed is /dev/hda3,
> but when I click on rosegarden+timidity for example,
> I get the error :
>
> Using /mnt/hda1
> mount: /dev/hda1 already mounted or /mnt/hda1 busy
> mount: according to mtab, /dev/hda1 is already mounted on /mnt/hda1
> Disk /mnt/hda1 has    27348 kb of free space
>
> No tiene suficiente espacio en /mnt/hda1 para crear archivo de intercambio
> de memoria SWAP. Se necesitan al menos 128mb libres. Libere espacio y
> vuelva a ejecutar el programa, o:
>
> Ejecute crear-swap-en.sh e indique el dispositivo a utilizar como
> parámetro: Por ejemplo crear-swap-en.sh /mnt/hda2
> . Presione [control]+[C] para abortar o presione [enter] para
> intentarlo en otro disco rígido
>

> I tried to run crear-swap-en.sh with param /mnt/hda3, and other partitions
> too..but it does not want to use them..It only wants to use /mnt/hda1 (on
> wich I have another debian..)
>
> I'm lost...:-)

Ok, in part that's our fault: it's in spanish and you need english

"Presione [control]+[C]" means Press Control+C

Just do that or press [enter], it must work, or, if not, this is not the
problem: we must investigate what's the problem here.

Try to open rosegarden from a terminal

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre