[Musix-users] kernel, desktops, and boot / GAG: I dont know about it.

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Oct 19 16:49:31 CEST 2005

El Miércoles, 19 de Octubre de 2005 19:44, Rob escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Some questions, if someone knows the answer :
>
> 1- I use GAG as MBR which is very comfortable ofr multiboot. It works
> perfectly with any linux distro, except for musix. I record the boot in the
> root, but GAG can't find it and I need to boot with a floppy. Any idea ?

No, I dont know about GAG... I gues there must be a way to do it, try
searching at google for "knoppix GAG" or something like that: "debian GAG"

> 2- What are this different kernels and desktop environments exactly ? I use
> the multimédia kernel and kde (sorry, too much Windows, I feel more
> comfortable with this). Now I got some playback out of sync and I just
> wonder if the kernel and desktop can be the cause.

This kernel is better than almost any other kernel for low latency work.

KDE.... it could be a trouble if you have a low spec PC

Musix --> Settings --> PCinfo

Send us the pcinfo.txt file.

But I guess that it's just a matter of GNU+Linux knowledge: maybe you must set
up JACK to work with lesser latency.

What applications got out of sync? Rosegarden + hydrogen? Tell us about it.

I suggest you to use fluxbox for a professional work.

> 3- Big thank to Marcos for the french keyboard layout : this is less
> attention on typing and less mistakes done !!!

> Friendly, Rob.
> http://zicrob.free.fr

jejeje

	Did you copied those .desktop files?

www.musix.distrux.net/parches/bin.tar.gz
www.musix.distrux.net/parches/usr-share-apps-kdm-sessions.tar.gz

I think that I forgot to tell you to copy them to

/usr/share/xsessions/
/usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions/

And the bin files (*.sh) to /bin/

Good luck!