[Musix-users] Fwd: [Musix-Help] English install help, wireless question

Hernán Ordiales hordiales at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 07:13:38 CEST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marcos Guglielmetti <marcospcmusica at yahoo.com.ar>
Date: 13-oct-2005 16:28
Subject: Re: [Musix-Help] English install help, wireless question
To: Usuarios de Musix <musix-help at lists.ourproject.org>

El Jueves, 13 de Octubre de 2005 17:38, Jess Gulbranson escribió:
> Hello!

Welcome !

This link is for english users:

> I just wanted to say that I like MUSIX very much,

And we like that! hehe

> and would love to
> start using it better.

Ok...

> My problem is that when I install it to the HD, it
> will not install in the English language.

Mmm. Very strange...

Did you installed Musix before booting with the "english dma" option?

I had installed it here in english (begginer style), and it works fine.

> Can anyone help me?

Sure.

> Also, with my limited Spanish, I was able to make most things work.

If you installed Musix in Begginer or Debian style, KDM should be your Desktop
manager, so, you can copy the attached files to /bin
and /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions/

Then KDM should show you English Desktop options

If nothing works right, re-install Musix by typing first "english dma" at the
boot: prompt, nad try to select Begginer style.

> glaring exception was my wireless card, which the system found, but
> wouldn't connect to anything.

I dont know anything abouy wireless cards, all I know is that
kwifimanager

is an app to manage those things :(

> I'm fairly new to Linux, and I realize this
> is a common problem with a million different fixes, but I was wondering if
> you folks knew of anything specific to MUSIX. Thanks!

Search in google:

your card knoppix

Because Musix was made from a Knoppix 3.8.2 system.

Tell us how does it goes

English:

Marcos Guglielmetti
fecha: jue oct 13 21:15:02 CEST 2005