[Musix-users] Re: troubles and difficulties to get some help

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Oct 14 06:01:13 CEST 2005

Hola Rob:
> Hello,
>
> Before telling about troubles,

That's a gentile way, I like it!

> I need to say that Musix is anyway a great
> help for musicians ! Lots of troubles I had under XP seem to just don't
> exist with Musix.

Would you tell us something about the problems you were talking about?

> So I tried to send a mail to the list, but it has been bounced.

Did you got subscribed to
http://lists.ourproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/musix-users   ?

> So I
> changed the options in outlook express (my connection is at my girlfriend's
> home, under XP),

Oh, maybe Bill Gates did not wants you to mail us...

> bounced again, tried another adress, erase all the
> automatic things like sign etc. But the mail is bounced, so I'm trying this
> adress found on your site.

You were right

> And this is whaét I tried to mail to you :

Ouch: this "é" seems to be from a french keyboard: I'm tying to fix some
problems related to french users: after HD install, you will have to copy
some files to your Musix OS in order to enjoy a french keyboard. I had
attached those files.

From:
https://www.musix.org.ar/wiki/index.php/Patch

==French users==

===Keyboard===

> - I localized KDE in french, but as for the keyboard layout, if I
> restart, it's still in english...

Hi, I was working on that, and now it works fine

Uncompress bin.tar.gz to /bin/  and the other files
to /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions/

Download them from:

www.musix.distrux.net/parches/bin.tar.gz
www.musix.distrux.net/parches/usr-share-apps-kdm-sessions.tar.gz

You can uncompress them with konqueror, or ark

Make shure that all the /bin files are executables ones

chmod +x /bin/*

It should work very well for you from K Desktop Manager (KDM) now.

Tell me how does it goes.

===French KDE apps and manpages===

*You must have Internet access

Type '''tasksel''' into a console or terminal window (konsole, etc.)

Or: you can type

 apt-get install kde-i18n-fr manpages-fr

Follow the install process, it should be easy.

Also, you can install synaptic (apt-get install synaptic), that is an easy way
to install software packages.

These kind of things will be solved into Musix 0.30

> All seems to work good now, midi ok, audio ok, etc. But when I try to
> record some audio (guitar say), the track remains empty.

I think that you are using Rosegarden without selecting Audio into the track
you are trying to record to.

> I searched all
> sorts of combinations in the mixer, but nothing work for this. I record
> easely in Ardour and Audacity, but not in Rosegarden.

Thats what i mean: try to find out how does Rosegarden use to assign Audio or
MIDI tracks (also, synth plugins, etc). You can always read the manual ;)

> This is very annoying
> because I work with midi and audio together. I can't find what's wrong. I
> tried different "presets" found in the Rosegarden folder.

> When I boot,
> there is different error messages (oops, didn't note them precisely) like
> "bad sectors" (on CDs), "...failed as there no such -file or    folder-"

Did you installed Musix?

Mmm.... maybe

> etc... Is my CD image damaged or is this bugs ?
> Best regards, Rob.

Maybe it's damaged.

Try with this doc:
https://www.ututo.org/xp/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=1#q52

Also, you can type testcd when you boot musix... but I think that it always
says that the CD es bad ;) so, I dont know.

Try to tell us what messages are you reading there.

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
Coordinador del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux (www.musix.org.ar)