[Musix-users] Prob with multimedia kernel and echo gina24

fritz at fritzmetal.de fritz at fritzmetal.de
Thu Nov 10 23:11:23 CET 2005

Hi folks,

I would like to check out Linux audio tools which look very interesting.
I've got Musix 0.30 installed on hd but I've got no sound. I've got a
echo gina24 card.
I can't boot to the multimedia kernel which Marcos told me (thanx a
lot!) has support for the gina24.

Linux shows me these last lines when I try to boot to the multimedia kernel:

Uncompressing Linux ... OK, booting kernel.
initrd-tools: 0.1.81.1
mount: fs type devfs not supported by kernel
umount: devfs: not mounted
mount: fs type devfs not supported by kernel
umount: devfs: not mounted
pivot_root: No such file or directory
/sbin/init: 432: cannot open dev/console: No such file.

When I had Musix 0.26 installed, I wasn't able to start the multimedia
kernel, too.

I've got a P4 at 3.5GHz
Asus P4C800E deluxe
1GB RAM
2 SATA hds
echo gina24 audio card
radeon 9600 pro video card

I tried to do what was described earlier on this list for the mia audio
card but I didn't get it to work with the default kernel. I wasn't able
to build the driver, it failed.
BTW, I've got Musix in the Knoppix mode installed.

Please help me! Thanx a lot in advance.

Best wishes, FRitz