[Musix-Help] FW: reiserfs o ext3 -2º

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en yahoo.com.ar
Jue Feb 9 01:58:11 CET 2006

Pero acá alguien duda de que ext3 sea peor:

Re: [a-users] File Systems?
De:
tim hall <tech en glastonburymusic.org.uk>  (GlastonburyMusic)
  Para:
AGNULA user forum <users en lists.agnula.org>
  Fecha:
23/01/06 16:28

On Sunday 22 January 2006 20:43, Dominique Michel was like:
> > Surely you mean ext3?
>
> You may be right, because I have changed it. I use ext2.
>
> The advantage of reiser and xfs over ext3 is at reiser and xfs have
> a journal that's built into the data stream somehow and not a separate
> file. I have learn that only recently and I have choose ext2 because
at
> I get big trouble onetime with an ext3 partition where the journal was
> crashed.

It should be possible to rebuild the journal. Not sure how you do that
offhand.

http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/Arcana.html#Mark%20Knecht's%20filesyst
>em%20tests semm to say the same thing with other word. He get worst
result
> with ext3 as with ext2. It is the case because the ext3 fs must stop
> write the datas when it write the journal.

Yes, this is absolutely true. However, when testing software with
realtime
privileges, journalling is a _must_ :|. As the journal is a bolt-on in
ext3
it required less head-scratching at the time.

> So I will try to change my system partition to reiser or xfs when I
get
> some time.

Be interested to hear how you get on.
--
Marcos Guglielmetti
Coordinador del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar