[JoPP-Public] DOAJ: PDF and CC?

maxigas maxigas at anargeek.net
Sun Oct 30 21:54:38 CET 2016

"Dr. Peter Troxler" <trox at fabfolk.com> writes:

> HI all, particularly maxigas
>> On 28 Oct 2016, at 17:37, maxigas <maxigas at anargeek.net> wrote:
>>
>> Mathieu ONeil <mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au <mailto:mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au>> writes:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>

>>> A French colleague inquired whether JoPP was archived in any databases
>>> including the "easier to get into" Directory of Open Access Journals
>>> (DOAJ). This seems like a pretty good fit for us. I checked it out and
>>> it does not seem too bad so I'm willing to give it a go.
>>>
>>> https://doaj.org/application/new
>>>

>>> However there are a few questions I'm not sure about. I've copied them
>>> all below but the most important issues IMO are PDFs and copyright.
>>>

>>> PDF
>>>
>>> We used to have a PDF generator for articles. This broke and was meant
>>> to be repaired...? This absence limits our ability to be picked up by
>>> search engines and archived in other databases.
>>>
>>> @Peter (and maxigas): is there a solution in sight?
>>
>> This is absolutely my sin, I signed up for testing and recommending a
>> PDF renderer plugin for Wordpress and I never got around to put in the
>> necessary work. I would also like JoPP to be listed in databases so I
>> will try to do this soonish, but in order not to stress myself I would
>> say "this year".
>
> I've been playing around with pdf plugins when we were restoring the
> site and moving it to its new server.
>
> I had the intention to reinstate the pdf functionality for one of the
> last issues but was out of the loop regarding editorial progress.
>
> Maybe we can make an effort to, indeed, resolve the issue "this year"
> (some light coding required and a good way to make sure the pdf move
> nicely from the edit-suite to the published front end)

sure, let's try to do this!

--
maxigas, kiberpunk
FA00 8129 13E9 2617 C614 0901 7879 63BC 287E D166

In Solidarity with Library Genesis and Sci-hub
http://custodians.online

Share this letter - read it in public - leave it in the printer. Share
your writing - digitize a book - upload your files. Don't let our
knowledge be crushed. Care for the libraries - care for the metadata -
care for the backup. Water the ❀❀❀❀❀ - clean the volcanoes.