[JoPP-Public] Inclusion in Scopus or ThomsonReuters Web of Science

Dariusz Jemielniak darekj at kozminski.edu.pl
Sun Oct 30 06:53:12 CET 2016

I think it would be awesome to get to the Web of Science list, as many
universities do not count publications elsewhere for tenure reviews, etc.

However, I think that DOI is the least difficult thing: we would have to be
regularly cited in WoS journals, with a prety tight window of measure (2
years, AFAIK, that is: they check how many times an article is cited on
average in WoS journals, within 2 years since publication).

best,

dj

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 4:38 AM, Mathieu ONeil <mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au>
wrote:

> Hi all
>

> It's been suggested to me that it would be useful to get JoPP some more
> institutional recognition. Does anyone have a clue about whether it would
> be desirable and / or advisable to get JoPP listed into Scopus or
> ThomsonReuters Web of Science? Scopus is run by Elsevier which is obvs
> not great and after a brief look on their site I could not find info on how
> to be indexed. On the other hand Thomson does indicate what their
> criteria for inclusion is:
>
> http://wokinfo.com/essays/journal-selection-process
>

> However they seem to have requirements which may be hard to meet - such as
> a DOI for each article...? is this a way to exclude non-corporate
> publications? Would pursuing this be a good idea? Do we need to revisit the
> idea of raising money for JoPP?
>

> Thoughts?
>

> cheers
>

> Mathieu

__________________________
prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
i grupy badawczej NeRDS
Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
http:// <http://www.crow.alk.edu.pl/>NeRDS.kozminski.edu.pl
<http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl>

członek Akademii Młodych Uczonych Polskiej Akademii Nauk

Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University Press) mojego
autorstwa http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010

Recenzje
Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
Pacific Standard: