[JoPP-Public] Inclusion in Scopus or ThomsonReuters Web of Science

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Wed Oct 19 15:01:27 CEST 2016

On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 02:38:56AM +0000, Mathieu ONeil wrote:
> However they seem to have requirements which may be hard to meet -
> such as a DOI for each article...? is this a way to exclude
> non-corporate publications? Would pursuing this be a good idea? Do we
> need to revisit the idea of raising money for JoPP?

Just as a data point, I've stumbled upon the business model factoids
of the JOSS "journal" that GitHub folks have recently setup to "publish"
FOSS projects as citable research artifacts:

  http://joss.theoj.org/about#business_model

it lists the fee (275$/year) they pay to be crossref members which, as I
understand it, is what allows them to assign DOIs to their papers.

Hope this helps,
Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli . zack at upsilon.cc . upsilon.cc/zack . . o . . . o . o
Computer Science Professor . CTO Software Heritage . . . . . o . . . o o