[JoPP-Public] News and Issues

Paz Sastre pz.sastre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 21:34:20 CET 2014

Great! Thank you very much!

What about the markets of raw materials and electronic components used in
projects of open source hardware?. There is a big gap in this area, usually
they only show the final product. Is it interesting enough for a new number?

Regards,
pz

> From: Paz Sastre <pz.sastre at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [JoPP-Public] News and Issues
> Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 10:02:23 -0600
>
> > Hi Mathieu,
> >
> > I don't know exactly what should I do to propose a new topic for the
> journal,
> > but after reading your mail I would like to send you an idea: a new
> number
> > about money, that is to say, about alternative currencies,
> crytocurrencies,
> > digital currencies... and the communities that grow around them. I am
> very
> > interested in this topic and although Geert Lovink and the Institute of
> > Network Cultures are working on it, I think is worthy enough to deserve
> more
> > different approaches and researches.
>
> Your wish has been granted. The issue Shared Machine Shops was #4: Value
> and
> Currency. It is still quite fresh and up-to-date with developments and
> contains
> some super articles. You can read them here:
>
> http://peerproduction.net/issues/issue-4-value-and-currency/
>
> --
> maxigas, kiberpunk
> FA00 8129 13E9 2617 C614 0901 7879 63BC 287E D166
> http://research.metatron.ai/
>
> When capitalism started it wasn’t legal.

"A traveller, who has lost his way, should not ask, where am I? what he
really wants to know is, where are the other places"
Whitehead