[JoPP-Public] Re : Re: Improving peer review for JoPP

Felix Stalder felix at openflows.com
Wed Mar 28 17:17:15 CEST 2012

On 03/28/2012 03:01 PM, Mathieu ONeil wrote:
> Hi Felix, Athina, all
>
> I think this is a very good idea and I'd like to add to it. My first
> suggestion is non-controversial:
> -if the article is submitted somewhere else and published [and we find
> out about it] we could publish a link to that versione

Sure, but we want to publish original stuff, so that should not be an issue.

> My second suggestion may be a deterrent for some authors:
> -we could publish alongside titles, abstracts, outcome (did not publish,
> etc) etc the reviews?

Rather not. Reviews without the full article don't make that much sense.

> Another question is where this would appear on the site. There would
> need to be a specific page / groupe of pages. What would we call it?

I would do a page called "submission queue" where we could list
Title, Author, Abstract, Date of Submission, and state (under review,
published, rejected, withdrawn) and I would order this reverse

Felix