XEmacs feature request asking them to package Evil

Frank Fischer frank-fischer at shadow-soft.de
Fri Nov 16 08:30:42 CET 2012

On 2012-11-15, Jason A. Spiro <jasonspiro4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just letting you know:  I just filed an XEmacs feature request asking
> them to package Evil for the XEmacs package manager.
>
> http://tracker.xemacs.org/XEmacs/its/issue846
>
> If you sign up for an account there, you can post a comment there.

I would be really surprised if Evil works in XEmacs. AFAIK there is no
compatibility layer or whatever for XEmacs in there, but Evil uses
certainly several of the newer features of Emacs (Currently Emacs 23
is probably the minimal requirement, but I've never tested earlier
versions or XEmacs).

Best regards,