evil-mode has led my cursor to the dark side!

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 10:21:14 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-17 09:03 +0200, Frank Fischer wrote:

> On 2012-07-16, Michael Markert wrote:
>
>> change the default value of `evil-default-cursor' to nil and evaluate
>> the code above instead always if `evil-default-cursor' is nil
>
> To be honest, I have no idea why we've once set the default value to
> "black", which is certainly a bad idea when dealing with color
> themes.

The `evil-default-cursor' variable is initialized to the current
cursor color when Evil is loaded. This is to ensure that if another
state changes the color, it is changed back by Normal state.

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.vim-emulation/919/

The solution is simple enough: set up the desired theme before loading
Evil. Alternatively, if you are certain you won't customize the states
to change the cursor color, add (setq evil-default-cursor t).

--
Vegard