Toggling evil-local-mode off when updating buffers with magit

Michael Markert markert.michael at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 17 13:48:56 CET 2011

On 17 Nov 2011, Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> Sure, but in this case I’m still not clear if this is a problem with
> Evil or not.  The problem is that revert-buffer is told to not restore
> local modes.  The question is thus whether magit is doing things right
> by not restoring local modes and Evil shouldn’t be using a local mode
> or if it’s the other way around.

To answer your previous question: I use magit with evil. But with the
global mode so I don't run into problems here.

I think the "problem" lies with magit but I'm not totally sure if it's a
problem or a feature. Either way it better should be configurable or
magit should run the right hooks (assuming you use evil-local-mode in a
hook or something).

> If it’s the other way around, I should be posting a bug on the magit
> tracker instead.

I think that's better, too.

Michael