Toggling evil-local-mode off when updating buffers with magit

Nikolai Weibull now at bitwi.se
Thu Nov 17 16:16:51 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 13:48, Michael Markert
<markert.michael at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 17 Nov 2011, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
>
>> Sure, but in this case I’m still not clear if this is a problem with
>> Evil or not.  The problem is that revert-buffer is told to not restore
>> local modes.  The question is thus whether magit is doing things right
>> by not restoring local modes and Evil shouldn’t be using a local mode
>> or if it’s the other way around.
>
> To answer your previous question: I use magit with evil. But with the
> global mode so I don't run into problems here.

Ah, might the problem be that I use, for example,

  (define-key evil-insert-state-local-map "e" 'ruby-electric-end-character)

in my ruby-mode-hook?  So when magit reverts a ruby buffer,
ruby-mode-hook is run, the define-key above is run, but then
evil-local-mode is in the wrong state and is turned off instead of on
or something?