Name

Christoph LANGE langec at web.de
Mon Feb 28 18:05:51 CET 2011

Hi all,

02/28/2011 04:24 PM Vegard Øye:
> On 2011-02-28 10:02 +0100, Frank Fischer wrote:
>> "evil" really gave me a smile ;)
>> I thought of something like "VeM" but have no good idea for its
>> interpretation. "vimu" sounds good, too.
>
> So it's "evil" versus "vimu", I guess. I don't have a clear favorite,
> so I'll try to list some pluses and minuses with both ...
>
> evil:

I vote for that.  Be bold!

>     + clever ("extensible vi layer")

Or alternatively "Emacs vi layer".

>     + fits in with the "vi vi vi is the devil's editor" mythology
>     - may be difficult to search for

Just tried "evil editor" and found http://evileditor.blogspot.com/.
However I guess that <the name of this thing> will mostly be searched in
combination with "vi", "emacs" or both, and thus it shouldn't be too
hard to search.

>     - "X is evil" often means "X is broken" in the software world
>
> vimu:

- not clear how to pronounce, at least to me.  "vim - u", "vim - you",
"vye - myu", etc.?

Cheers,

Christoph

--