[Vimpulse] /-search incremental highlighting is always case insensitive

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 2 22:19:04 CEST 2010

On 2010-09-01 20:11, Stephen Bach wrote:

> If viper-case-fold-search is nil and I search for "asdf", all of the
> variants of asdf highlight, and after pressing enter the cursor
> moves to ASDF, but subsequent presses of "n" will only go to asdf
> (even though the other variants stay highlighted as if they are also
> matched).

Should be fixed in commit 6327facd, where `viper-case-fold-search' is
made an alias for `case-fold-search'.

> As a side-note, it'd be nice if the old viper trick of typing "/"
> twice quickly to change case sensitivity still worked -- but since
> this isn't a Vim thing, I can understand why we didn't bother
> keeping it around.

Since Vimpulse's search is just isearch in disguise, you can type M-c
at any point to change the case-sensitivity of the search. (See the
docstring of `isearch-forward' for more cool shortcuts.)

--
Vegard