Oh those periods

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 21:28:13 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-30 23:33, Štěpán Němec wrote:

> Apart from a _very_ few exceptions, _everybody_ ended the commit
> summaries with a period. Period. (I still have the old Git tree
> handy in case you don't.)

The old Git tree is misleading, as I used `git commit --amend' to add
the missing periods before pushing. It seemed too petty (and a waste
of people's time) to request a new patch over mere punctuation.

The exceptions you see -- that's me, forgetting to check for
conformance with this arbitrary, impractical and, thankfully,
obsolete rule.

--
Vegard