[implementations-list] style; VCS

Štěpán Němec stepnem at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 23:22:57 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 09:28:19PM +0000, Vegard Øye wrote:
> > Also, have you thought about moving Vimpulse to some usable VCS like
> > Git? It would be soooo much more convenient to even just track the
> > development, not mentioning possible contributions from others.
>
> I have never used distributed version control, although I would
> certainly like to. Git's Windows support is poor, however, so if my
> only options were Git and SVN, I'd choose SVN.

Hm... there are multiple solutions for Git on Windows, and the support
is allegedly much better than in the past, but I have no actual
experience with it.

> Assembla provides Mercurial + Trac, though.

Yeah, well that would be an option, if it matters to stick with Assembla
(Mercurial is horrendous from a Git junkie's point of view, but
there's always hg-git for that ;-)).

> I'm not the maintainer, so it's not my decision to make. Maybe
> Alessandro (or Jason) will look into it if you explain a little more
> how a switch would be beneficial.

Uhm, honestly, Alessandro and Jason are just being (and have been for
some time) ridiculous at this point if they perceive themselves as
Vimpulse maintainers. I'm not sure what definition of "maintainer" would
suit their recent involvement with the project.

    Štěpán