Assembla ticket creation requires administrative privileges?

Alexey Romanov alexey.v.romanov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 22:38:58 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM, Štěpán Němec <stepnem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some evidence suggests that the Assembla bug reporting procedure
> recommended in multiple Vimpulsy places is actually only available to
> project members.
>
> I quote here the relevant part of today's discussion on the Vimpulse
> Emacs Wiki page
> (<http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs?action=browse;id=Vimpulse>):
>
> ===START-QUOTE===
> I am logged in (as alexey_r), but can’t create a ticket there:
>
>> 403 Forbidden (TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation)
>
> Anyway, the ticket I wanted to create is an enhancement request to add
> hlsearch. One possible solution can be found at http://r4yner.wordpress.com
> /2008/09/19/hlsearch-for-emacs/
>
> [N.B. the above is by Alexey]
>
> Well, the interface seems to suck somehow (I didn’t investigate): when I
> tried to create a ticket, a login dialog popped up, and when I entered the
> same login information as with my Assembla account, I could create a ticket
> (i.e., you have to kinda log in twice). Does that not work for you either
> (I’m a project member, so maybe I have some extra privileges, no idea)?
>
> [...]
>
> [N.B. the above is by me]
>
> No, it doesn’t work. It seems you do have to be a member to create a
> ticket. – AlexeyRomanov
> ===END-QUOTE===
>
> Vegard, do you have any idea? I guess I could read some of the
> documentation on the Assembla site and try to figure it out, but I'm a
> bit Traco- and unknown-wiki-system-and-Assembla-in-general- phobic and
> IIRC you seemed to like it, so I'm still hoping you could shed some
> light on the issue.
>
> Alexey, do I understand correctly that you did get the login dialog in
> the browser when trying to create a new ticket, but when you entered
> your Assembla login and password there, you got some error?

I've just tested it again.

When trying to create a new ticket, I get this error immediately,
without request for login.

I can login via the link, and "logged in as alexey_r" shows up in the
top navigation bar, but the "New ticket" link still gives the same
error.

Funnily enough, the logout link doesn't work for me, either.

This is under Firefox 3.6.4 and Internet Explorer 8.