Assembla ticket creation requires administrative privileges?

Štěpán Němec stepnem at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 21:42:20 CEST 2010

Some evidence suggests that the Assembla bug reporting procedure
recommended in multiple Vimpulsy places is actually only available to
project members.

I quote here the relevant part of today's discussion on the Vimpulse
Emacs Wiki page
(<http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs?action=browse;id=Vimpulse>):

===START-QUOTE===
I am logged in (as alexey_r), but can’t create a ticket there:

> 403 Forbidden (TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation)

Anyway, the ticket I wanted to create is an enhancement request to add
hlsearch. One possible solution can be found at http://r4yner.wordpress.com
/2008/09/19/hlsearch-for-emacs/

[N.B. the above is by Alexey]

Well, the interface seems to suck somehow (I didn’t investigate): when I
tried to create a ticket, a login dialog popped up, and when I entered the
same login information as with my Assembla account, I could create a ticket
(i.e., you have to kinda log in twice). Does that not work for you either
(I’m a project member, so maybe I have some extra privileges, no idea)?

[...]

[N.B. the above is by me]

No, it doesn’t work. It seems you do have to be a member to create a
ticket. – AlexeyRomanov
===END-QUOTE===

Vegard, do you have any idea? I guess I could read some of the
documentation on the Assembla site and try to figure it out, but I'm a
bit Traco- and unknown-wiki-system-and-Assembla-in-general- phobic and
IIRC you seemed to like it, so I'm still hoping you could shed some
light on the issue.

Alexey, do I understand correctly that you did get the login dialog in
the browser when trying to create a new ticket, but when you entered
your Assembla login and password there, you got some error?

Štěpán