[implementations-list] Upcoming release

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 26 12:49:27 CEST 2010

> Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 23:14:33 +0200
> From: stepnem at gmail.com
>
> I would bind `message-log-max' around all the calls to `message' in
> the Visual mode code to not have things like '-- VISUAL LINE --' go
> to the *Messages* buffer.

Good idea, done in commit [79604b0aef].

I haven't affected the "Deleted 2 lines" messages, which are somewhat
similar to "Mark set" and "Wrote <file>: 50 lines, 1500 characters"
(which are logged), so I figure they should be logged too.

> It's "postpone", not "postphone".

Ouch, how embarrassing. :) I know I have made this misspelling in the
past, too.

Fixed in commits [3a25bb3c0b] and [79604b0aef] (there were two of
them).

> c0764e05b:
> -;; Also, thanks to Michael Kifer and those who contributed to Viper.
> +;; Also, thanks to Michael Kifer and Viper's contributors.
>
> FWIW, the former sounds better than the latter to me; in any case I
> don't see any typo in there?

I wanted to avoid the past tense.

> `((quote ,type))
>
> That makes one wondering why not just write `(',type) :)

Uh ... yeah, yours is better. Fixed in commit [8d33c49303].

That thing is passed to ,@ so that 'type becomes part of the macro
expansion. ,@ doesn't change anything if you pass nil to it (the empty
list), so I use it for conditionally including bits of code in the
expansion. But, of course, I have to wrap those bits in a list first.

> Also, are you sure you don't want to release 0.4 at least, instead
> of 0.3.2?

Yeah, it's probably a good idea not to get stuck with small version
numbers. I plan to replace redo.el with Toby Cubitt's awesome
undo-tree.el package, which means Vimpulse's dependencies will change;
the version number should reflect that. 0.3.3 will probably be too
subtle.

This will be 0.4, then, and probably the last release to use redo.el.
If so, it will be succeeded by 0.5.

Vegard