[implementations-list] Upcoming release (0.3.2?) (was Re: Broken selection in latest Vimpulse (r199)?)

Štěpán Němec stepnem at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 23:14:33 CEST 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 06:56:08PM +0000, Vegard Øye wrote:

> > From: vegard_oye at hotmail.com
> > To: implementations-list at lists.ourproject.org
> >
> >     (defun vimpulse-sexp (arg)
> >       "Select a S-expression."
> >       (interactive "p")
> >       (vimpulse-mark-object
> >        'vimpulse-inner-object-range arg
> >        'backward-sexp
> >        'forward-sexp))
> >
> >     (define-key vimpulse-operator-basic-map "ae" 'vimpulse-sexp)
>
> This code is outdated. Commit [5a6f053bdc] introduces the
> `vimpulse-define-text-object' macro, which is used thus:
>
>     (vimpulse-define-text-object vimpulse-sexp (arg)
>       "Select a S-expression."
>       :keys '("ae" "ie")
>       (vimpulse-inner-object-range
>        arg
>        'backward-sexp
>        'forward-sexp))

Thanks for the heads-up!

> We are nearing release. Any last-minute nits? :)

Heh, let me see ((un)fortunately I still haven't really looked at the
code -- you've made Vimpulse far too satisfactory for me to feel the
urge (and it's also still quite a moving target)) ...

So, nits you say...

1.
I would bind `message-log-max' around all the calls to `message' in the
Visual mode code to not have things like '-- VISUAL LINE --' go to the
*Messages* buffer.

2.
vimpulse-visual-mode.el:19:

    ;; Viper's movement commands, so that translation can be postphoned

It's "postpone", not "postphone".

3.
c0764e05b:
-;; Also, thanks to Michael Kifer and those who contributed to Viper.
+;; Also, thanks to Michael Kifer and Viper's contributors.

FWIW, the former sounds better than the latter to me; in any case I
don't see any typo in there?

4.
    `((quote ,type))

That makes one wondering why not just write `(',type) :)

Also, are you sure you don't want to release 0.4 at least, instead of 0.3.2?

  Štěpán