[PeDAGoG] Educere and possible collaboration with PeDAGoG

Ashish Kothari ashishkothari at riseup.net
Thu Feb 10 12:37:54 CET 2022

Dear PeDAGoG colleagues, pl. see below, for possible collaboration on
alternative learning/teaching at 'higher' education (assuming most
PeDAGoG people are working at that level).

Elizabeth, Laura, Luci, we also have a PeDAGoG meeting coming up on 15th
Feb (3 pm GMT), so if you could join, the discussion could also be held
there.

We'll send you the link to join it.

Meanwhile, though, PeDAGoG members and you may initiate some discussion
on areas of mutual interest, and those of us already active in its
subgroups could set up a call with Educere even before the meeting on 15th?

thanks

ashish

(PS: Elizabeth, Luci, Laura, note that you won't be able to post back on
the PeDAGoG list unless/until you've been added to the list ... as
suggested separately, Upamanyu can add you if you agree).

On 07/02/22 8:50 pm, Elizabeth Rahman wrote:
> Thanks Ashish, for outlining these avenues.
>
> Funnily enough, Educere speaks to both the higher education sector and
> the school level. The remit of PeDAGoG is very well aligned to the
> former.  Since the paradigm for me is intergenerational learning, I
> have trouble separating out the two: one impacts the other and there
> is some benefit to having that space open for all.  One key
> overlapping areas of interest is teacher preparation (so, tertiary
> education for school educators).
>
> I also think for those of us wanting to facilitate change or
> attempting to actively engender it through our practices, combining
> and doubling up forces makes a lot of sense and I would be very open
> to explore what  some merging or separation (or our dual foci) might
> look like.
>
> The work with alternative education initiatives is emerging on the
> backburner, and it would be great to start showcasing the work of your
> colleagues.
>
> In my current position in Oxford, I can actively explore the Higher
> Education (de-canonising) element and have colleagues to pull into
> this here, so some kind of collaboration with PeDAGoG in the first
> instance, might make most sense.
>
> Would a meeting this Wednesday work? Let me know what your
> availability is like; look forward to taking the conversation forward
> with Luci.
>
> With best wishes,
>

> *Elizabeth Rahman*
>
> *Senior Evaluation Officer*
>
> *Centre for Teaching and Learning*
>
> Littlegate House, 16-17 St Ebbe’s, Oxford, OX1 1PT
> T:+44 (0)1865 286813   E: elizabeth.rahman at ctl.ox.ac.uk
> <mailto:claire.brewer at ctl.ox.ac.uk> / elizabeth.rahman at anthro.ox.ac.uk
> <mailto:claire.brewer at ctl.ox.ac.uk>
>
> Website:www.ctl.ox.ac.uk <http://www.ctl.ox.ac.uk>
>
> /​Director, Global Campus spinout |//Research Affiliate, School of
> Anthropology and Museum Anthropology/

Ashish Kothari

New, for COVID relief in India! Vikalp Sutra
<https://sutra.vikalpsangam.org/>

NOW FREE DOWNLOAD! Pluriverse: A Post-Development Dictionary
<https://radicalecologicaldemocracy.org/pluriverse>

Ashish Kothari

Kalpavriksh

Apt 5 Shree Datta Krupa