[PeDAGoG] The communitarian revolutionary subject, new forms of social transformation

Sujit.Sinha sujit.sinha at apu.edu.in
Sun Oct 3 16:45:59 CEST 2021

This is about films on Rojava and might be useful to many in the  group who
discuss Rojava or would like to. Also if someone has more good films they
can share.

The link that Laurence sent  .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyqG-71zOi0 ('Accidental Anarchist - What is
the Rojava .20 min ) : This is more the personal experience of an British
Anarchist-Rojava sympathizer. It is more about him than the Rojavas as he
moves around filming.

We have found the following  film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqo2MX3vf6M

It is 25 mins and made in 2019 to be  quite comprehensive . The commentary
is in German with English subtitles

Lots of interviews with women (also men ) both ordinary and those elected to
councils and co-presidents.

It has the following scenes : Schools, use of 3 languages, Kurdish – Arabic
- Syrian, a joint concert,  feminist revolution , women’s home, scenes of an
actual dispute around women’s equality and polygamy, university class on
jeneology,  references to fight with ISIS and Assad and Turkey,  graveyards,
refugees , YPG ( Rojava army) women’s wing, social contract, protection of
Christians, , ecological revolution, cooperative organic farming, Kobane
with 100 house communes ,  women militia training, dam on Euphrates being
squeezed of water by Turkey, women’s academy.

We have made a 16 min clip out of some other film ( forgotten to note the
link) which we find to be quite useful to show in class .

0 – 2:45 : women leader talking about rojava and the three enemies ( ISIS,
Assad, Turkey) along with many street scenes

2:45 – 3:40 :  Judiciary council. Interview . cases of women—violence,
marriage

3:40 – 5:00 : Reconciliation council ( with those who worked for ISIS)

5:00 – 6:00 : Street people talking about diversity and tolerance

6:00 – 8:50 :  Scenes of Kobane . Battle. Loss. Rebuilding

8:50 – 10:50 :  Women’s Laws. Women’s House . Local communes solving most
disputes. Only some going to judiciary .  Communes also preventing economic
monopoly

10:50 – 12:40 : A Mural. Kobane’s burial ground. Women’s military wing

12:40 – 15:30 : School. 3 languages. Text book issues . Printing issues.
Overcome propaganda to alienate Arabs. UNICEF refused to help unless Syrian
state books followed !!!

Sujit