[PeDAGoG] Ethics and directions of transformation

Ashish Kothari ashishkothari at riseup.net
Mon Jun 7 07:24:20 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues, in the discussion inĀ  yesterday's meeting, one decision
was to draft what could be our commonly held ethical positions, w.r.t.
the world we want, the kind of learning/teaching environment we seek,
and how PeDAGoG itself operates.

Another point was re. the need to better articulate, for ourselves and
others, what we mean by transformation, or alternatives ... since these
terms are also co-opted by the dominant system.

I am sharing here two documents, emerging from the Vikalp Sangam
(Alternatives Confluence) process in India, but hopefully much more
widely applicable with appropriate modifictions:

1. 'In search of radical alternatives', a framework of principles and
strategies

2. 'Alternatives Transformation Format', a tool for self-assessment or
participatory assessment of how we are moving towards justice,
sustainability etc ...

A small subgroup has been set up to formulate a first draft of ethics
for us, that you can all comment on and discuss before finalising. I
hope the above documents will be useful to this group, but also to many
others on this list.

thanks

ashish

--
Ashish Kothari

New, for COVID relief in India! Vikalp Sutra
<https://sutra.vikalpsangam.org/>

NOW FREE DOWNLOAD! Pluriverse: A Post-Development Dictionary
<https://radicalecologicaldemocracy.org/pluriverse>

Ashish Kothari

Kalpavriksh

Apt 5 Shree Datta Krupa