[PeDAGoG] "Anthropocene skills need to be at the centre of curricula"

singhvan at rcn.com singhvan at rcn.com
Sat Feb 6 05:12:19 CET 2021

Dear All,

I thought this article might be of interest: "Anthropocene Skills Need to be at the Centre of Curricula"

" What is the role of universities at such a moment of heightened collective and individual responsibility? Many would argue that universities simply need to keep on doing what they are already doing: innovating, coming up with new technologies, looking for solutions to the climate crisis.
This view, however, relegates universities to a position in which they simply help fulfil agendas decided elsewhere, reacting to developments as they unfold rather than actively re-shaping humanity’s trajectory. This is a far cry from living up to the demands of the historical moment we are in."

https://www.universityworldnews.com/post.php?story=20210127065228110

Best,
Vandana