[PeDAGoG] Invitation to virtual interactive session | 8 July, 2pm GMT

Seema Kulkarni seemakulkarni2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 19:10:35 CEST 2020

Hi
Have been silent on this group and would be happy to listen in on 8th July.
I do not teach and also not part of any university. Hope that's still ok to
participate.
Best
Seema

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 00:02, Schöneberg, Julia, Dr. <
Julia.Schoeneberg at uni-kassel.de> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>

> Encouraged by Brandon and Ashish’s call for more interactive
> collaboration, I would like to propose a virtual session and hope that
> you’d be interested to participate.
>
> At this point, probably all of us are already quite “Zoom”-fatigued.
> Nevertheless, in some spaces I have also found comfort and new energy
> through the distant but immediate community with like-minded, in what feels
> like a detached and rather surreal socially distant situation.
>
> I hope that with PeDAGoG we can also create such mutually supportive
> community, and while I appreciate the resources and interventions shared
> via the list, I sometimes wish I could put a face to a name.
>

> In that spirit, I would like to invite everyone to join me for an *interactive
> workshop/exchange session* on *8 July, 2pm GMT.*
>
> In thematical break-away rooms we will be discussing in smaller groups,
> giving everyone the chance to talk, share and getting to know each other,
> before coming back to a final plenary discussion.
>

> In terms of thematical foci I have drawn the following from the
> collaborative board. Of course, these are proposals, please feel free to
> send me your suggestions of what you’d find important:
>

>    1. Teaching in crises: What are the pedagogical implications of the
>    pandemic?
>    2. Neoliberal academic environments: Strategies to cope and counter
>    3. Practicing epistemic disobedience: Decolonizing the classroom
>

> *Please register through this link: *
>

> https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwrd-ugpj0pHNZzsKmYwGZAMgPUkRbpnDOO
>

> Do let me know your thoughts or comments on this.
>
> Looking forward to getting to know many new faces on 8 July.
>

> Warm wishes,
>
> Julia
>

> --
>
> Dr. Julia Schöneberg
>

> University of Kassel
>
> Chair for Development and Postcolonial Studies
>
> DFG-funded project “Theorizing Post-Development”
>
> Untere Königsstraße 71
> 34127 Kassel
>

> Twitter: @j_schoeneberg
>
> --
>

> RECENT PUBLICATIONS
>

> (2019) Development: a failed project
> <https://www.convivialthinking.org/index.php/2019/11/29/development-a-failed-project/>,
> Blog for Open Democracy
>

> (2019) Imagining Postcolonial-Development Studies - Reflections on
> Positionality and Research Practices, in: Baud, Isabelle, Tiina Kontinen,
> Elisabetta Basile (eds.): "Building Development Studies for the New
> Millennium" (EADI Series on Global Development), Palgrave MacMillan: London.
>

> (2019) Manoueuvring political realms: Alternatives to Development in
> Haiti, in: Elise Klein, Carlos Eduardo Morreo (eds.) Post-Development in
> Practice, Routledge: London.

*Seema Kulkarni*

*B-1 Nilgiri Apartments, Karvenagar, Pune 411052phone- 91 20 20251168 (o);
91 20 2546 5936 (r) 9423582423* (m)