[Foodforestcycle-organise] Dates

Darren mail at vegburner.co.uk
Mon Jul 22 11:46:16 CEST 2013

Ok I have something on 30th August till the 1st so was thinking of
kicking off sometime after that

Given that James is interested in coming but busy 7th -8th weekend maybe
we should start after that??

One thing I have noticed is that Martin Crawford, from Agroforestry
Research Trust (ART), is running a tour on the 7th - I hope that he
might be able/interested in doing something with/for us if we contact
him but guess that he may not (I'll send an email now to ask) if he
can't then it might be worth basing the trip around this date - which
would work for me. (I guess James could join us before or after the
weekend?)

If we were aiming to get to ART for the 7th, given the spread of
possible hosts looks like we would be either heading from or towards
Land End (well Penzance) so we would have to start some time before this
date.

Talking about ART I also note Toms post about the course there on 21-22
September 2013 which has 6 places left so possibly we could keep stuff
flowing so people can end up in that area at those dates if there was
interest attending that (costs £155).

I've put together a pad to help us collaborate on organising this its
got a few of the places that are looking good to me - please add any
more you think are worth checking out (I will)
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/foodforesttour

My idea was we can suggest possible hosts there and keep tabs - live -
on our contacts with them, what they can facilitate - if they want work
done, what days, times, dates suit them etc. etc.

If you have not used an etherpad before you just click on the text and
type - anyone else on the page can see the text appear as you type -
dont be worried about messing things up as it is easy to get back to a
previous version using the 'time slider'.  Pads are a good way to all be
'on the same page' so to speak.

Most importantly what are people thinking about the dates now??
As things are looking a bit more defined, I guess it is now worth us
contacting possible hosts now.

Personally I'm keen to keep costs as low as possible (as not to exclude
anyone for lack of money) so am more than happy to wild camp, forage for
food etc. etc.