[Foodforestcycle-organise] Food forest cycle tour

Thomas Daniell boycalledtom at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 13:40:36 CEST 2013

Darren - hey, Tom here from building man

Map looks great brother i do really want to join this tour, especially if
we can visit the PFAF and A.R.T sites - i am in..
Have you contacted them yet?

I might be doing the advanced forest garden course on the 19th - 21st
september (im not advanced but have planted a forest garden so it seems
this one is what i need) Anyway - what i've just realised here is that you
must get in touch with ARANYA - who is a great permaculture teacher himself
- he was at Building Man (only for two days in the first week though) hes
also friends with all the Brake the Cycle and Building man team and
basically hes got loads of enthusiasm for organising a bike ride with very
similiar co-ordinates to the ones i can see on your map... What he wants to
do though, is organise it for next late spring - early summer time and make
it a PDC a fortnight long pedal-powered Permaculture Design Course... Hes
all set up to do it already.. Definatley someone to collaborate with.. Here
he is on Facebook ~ https://www.facebook.com/aranya.gardens?fref=ts really
recommend getting in touch with him as hes got all the contacts and good
reputation with these places as well.

Keep running with it man will be so good! I'll start spreading the word -
we need to get the dates down...
September would be good for me.
Im on 07894153584
Give me a ring if i can help more with organising.

Nice one!
Tom

On 3 July 2013 20:23, Ninna Kofod <ninnakofod at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Darren
> Great to hear about your plans. Ive visited exhatly those two spots A.R.T
> and PFAF on my trip here in june, so if you have any question you are
> welcome to mail me.
>
> I can really recommend A.R.T's courses
>
> best regards Ninna
>

> 2013/7/3 Darren <mail at vegburner.co.uk>
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>>       Been a bit of a hectic month but I've just plotted up some
>> possible/probable stops in the South West and I am now keen to schedule
>> some dates so that we can start to contact possible 'hosts' to firm up
>> some  visits.
>>
>> You can view interactive map here -
>> http://s.coop/1qi0m
>> Stops are currently only roughly placed.
>>
>>       I'm fairly keen to include the Plants for a Future site near Lerryn
>> and a visit to the Agroforestry Research Trust site at Dartington. I
>> can think of other possible hosts who are along the probable route also
>> that have not been added yet.
>>
>>       Currently thinking doing the tour some time in the later half of
>> August and/or in September.  Anyone want to come and got any preferences??

 Thomas Daniell

"In the face of the impending crisis, people often ask what they can do to
protect themselves. "Buy gold? Stockpile canned goods? Build a fortified
compound in a remote area? What should I do?" I would like to suggest a
different kind of question: "What is the most beautiful thing I can do?"
[...] Really the only security is to be found in community: the gratitude,
connections, and support of the people around you. If you have wealth now,
I recommend, as your investment advisor, that you use it to enrich the
people around you in lasting ways... In the meantime, before the collapse
of the current system, anything we do to protect some natural or social
resource from conversion into money will both hasten the collapse and
mitigate its severity. Any forest you save from development, any road you
stop, any cooperative playgroup you establish; anyone you teach to heal
themselves, or to build their own house, cook their own food, or make their
own clothes; any wealth you create or add to the public domain; anything
you render off-limits to the world-devouring Machine will help shorten the
Machine's life span. And when the money system collapses, if you already do
not depend on money for some portion of life's necessities and pleasures,
then the collapse of money will pose much less of a harsh transition for
you. The same applies on the social level. Any form of natural wealth,
whether biodiversity, fertile soil, or clean water, and any community or
social institution that is not a vehicle for the conversion of life into
money, will sustain and enrich life after money. (money as we know
it)… Anything
you learn to do for yourself or for other people, without paying for it;
any utilization of recycled or discarded materials; anything you make
instead of buy, give instead of sell; any new skill or new song or new art
you teach yourself or another will reduce the dominion of money and grow a
gift economy to sustain us through the coming transition." ~ Charles
Eisenstein, Sacred Economics